Integrate the USP
Now that your have your Unique Selling Proposition, it’s time to integrate it into your organization. Integration includes:
- Stating your USP on all of your materials
- Business cards – front and back
- Email signature file
- Web site
- Phone message on hold
- Fully educating and training your staff about the USP, what it means to the business and your customers, their responsibilities and your expectations.
- You will need to set training meetings for the staff. Never assume you can tell them once and they will remember.
- Integrate it into your elevator speech and sales presentations. Rehearse and commit the USP to memory.
- When you meet with a prospect, tell them about your USP and what it means to them.
- Tell your customers about your USP whenever you see them. Remind them of why it’s such a great choice to do business with you.
When you look at the true meaning of your USP, you’ll realize that it is full of benefits for your clients. Given that, it makes sense that they are taking full advantage of the benefits by using or purchasing all the products and services from you that will help improve their lives.
The easiest way to do this is by bundling, packaging, cross-selling and up-selling clients to higher end products and services or with combinations of products that add value to the transaction and to your clients. To become effective at this strategy, you will want to learn some professional selling skills as well as sales scripting. Sales scripting is using proven words and phrases that increase the likelihood of closing the sale (I address sales training on another page).
Integration of your USP is very critical if you wish to truly leverage the power of the USP.
If you want really harness the power of a USP in your business, practice or organization, then you’ll want to get in touch with me to discuss how we can help you turn your USP into a gold mine just waiting to be mined for new found sales and profits.