Pillars of Marketing
I frequently refer to “Marketing Pillars throughout this site. What’s a marketing pillar?
Think of your business as a building being supported by pillars, almost like the Parthenon in Greece. Take away a pillar or two from the building and it is still standing and it will still be somewhat safe until the new pillars are constructed.
Look at your marketing. If you count on any single marketing tactic and, for whatever reason it fails, will your business continue to prosper or will you fall flat? What if your entire marketing strategy centered around any of the tactics on the following list? Where would you be?
- Telemarketing – No call list
- Fax broadcasting – Broadcast fax laws
- Email marketing – Can-spam act
- Yellow Pages – Market shift to internet for information
- Newspaper advertising - Market shift to internet for information
- Sales representatives – Inability to find quality reps or having several go to a competitor.
Do you get the point? Many large and successful companies as well as many smaller companies had their marketing strategy built on one of the above. When the laws or market dynamics shifted, many went under. By having your marketing system on several pillars, one can fail and you’re still in business. Sure, you may have a drop in sales but you’re still in business.
A “Multi-Pillar” marketing system includes:
- U.S.P. / E.V.P.
- Exponential marketing
- Relationship/database/CRM marketing – Optimize customer database
- Strategic alliance marketing
- Direct response custom advertising
- Internet marketing
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Direct response web sites
- Optimize your media marketing
- Community relations marketing
- “One to one” direct marketing
If you run into a problem or a challenge with any single marketing pillar, your other pillars are standing strong to support and help your business succeed. If you have one that is generating outstanding results, then put additional resources into improving it and maximizing profits.
Pillars 1 through 4 are what I call the Core 4 Pillars and are the ones that you can leverage and systematize for exponential sales. They are also the least risky and expensive.
To see how you can generate serious growth and profits with a multi-pillar marketing system, then get in touch with me to see how Hidden Asset Marketing can work in your business.
To your success!